” Connect me to the universe, connect me to the moon. Bring me a new beginning and bring it real soon. Soothe my stress and open up my intuition. Help me to understand it; bring it to fruition. Rid me of my negativity and help me see the world for what it is. Balance my emotions; take away my stress. Help me to move forward and help me to do my absolute best.” - AP Crystals suggested crystal intention for Moonstone.
Moonstone Crystal Meaning + Metaphysical Properties:
- Promotes stability, clarity and focus
- Connects deeply to the moon and its cycles
- Known to be a symbol of fertility
- Reminds us to steadily move forward in life and go with the flow
- Use Moonstone if you regularly set intentions or perform rituals in line with the cycle of the moon
- Helps to bring out the creativity within its keeper
- Can either soothe or heighten emotions around the time of the full moon
- Wearing Moonstone can help to bring out its keepers’ inner child; especially if you feel like you've lost yourself
- Often referred to as the stone of new beginnings
Moonstone in Healing:
- Helps to open the mind and to see all the possibilities of what life can mean and hold for its keeper
- Helps to soothe stress and stabilize emotions
- Provides deep emotional healing and alleviates emotional stress
- Cleanses the mind and body of negativity
Moonstone in Health:
Moonstone is said to be extremely beneficial for the female reproductive system. It will also aid PMS, conception, pregnancy, childbirth, and even breastfeeding. Moonstone is said to remove harmful toxins and fluid from the body and alleviate degenerative conditions and diseases.
Moonstone for those with psychic abilities:
Moonstone has traditionally always been used to help heighten and enhance one’s psychic abilities. It can also be used to help the keeper develop clairvoyance. If you, or someone you know has realised that they have some psychic abilities; but have not yet accepted that fact - give them some Moonstone to help them come to terms with their spiritual journey. Moonstone can also encourage lucid dreaming around the time of the full moon.
Moonstone Facts and History
- Moonstone is created by two types of Feldspar; Orthoclase and Albite
- The shimmer effect which is contained in Moonstone is created by the above minerals growing together in alternate layers; a phenomenon named Aldurascence happens when the light hits certain parts of the Orthoclase and Albite
The history of Moonstone can be found dated all the way back to Ancient Rome. The Romans believed Moonstone was formed from solidified beams of Moonlight. It is believed that the Roman Goddess of the moon (Diana) could be seen within the stone, and that it gave love, wisdom and an abundance of fortune for those who owned a piece.
In India, Moonstone was known as a sacred stone, often gifted to newly-weds. It was also known to reconcile estranged lovers. A common belief in India and Europe is that if two people are wearing moonstone at the time of the full moon, they will fall into a passionate, everlasting love. Moonstone myths, stories and beliefs date back to the beginning of time. The history includes that India's Moon God (Chandra Shekara - "Person who wears the moon") had a piece of Moonstone which grew on his head. It was said to become dimmer or brighter depending on each stage of cycle the moon was in - thus giving the crystal the name Moonstone.
Moonstone has also widely been known as a "Traveller’s stone". Often worn as an amulet to help protect travellers at night, when the moon shines the brightest. Ancient Mariners also believed that it would protect them when traveling over water. It is said that every traveller should carry a piece with them at night time, no matter what mode of transport you are travelling in.