Your guide to Cleansing, Programming & Taking Care of your crystals!
Cleansing, Programming and Activating Crystals
Many people use crystals calm their mind, body, and soul. Some believe that crystals act on an energy level, causing natural vibrations out into the planet.
Crystals typically travel long distances, from supply to vender, before a sale is created. Every transition exposes the stone to energies that will be misaligned along with your own.
And once used for healing, these stones are said to soak up or direct the negativity you’re working to release.
Featured image(above): Crystals that have been cleansed by the sun
It is of utmost importance to cleanse any new gemstones that come your way to clear them of any energies that they will have picked up throughout their previous journeys.
Also, if you utilize any of your stones as healing tools, they ought to be cleansed before and once every healing session. Healers can dedicate or program crystals to extend or enhance their wave energies.
The programming additionally helps shield the stones themselves from absorbing any harmful energies while they're in service.
Crystal Cleansing Basics
There are many alternative ways in which to cleanse your gemstones. Selecting the simplest cleanup technique depends on the kind of stone you wish to clean. An hour in direct daylight is quite enough to cleanse most stones. However, certain stones can fade if neglected in the sunlight.
Amethyst is one example. Keep your amethysts out of direct daylight if you wish them to retain their vivacious purple hues. Different stones which will fade include aquamarine, citrine, fluorite, rose quartz, and smoky quartz.
Moonlight cleansing will take many hours or days. To expose a stone to all or any the moon phases (from a phase of the moon to a brand new moon), place the stone outside every evening at twilight (retrieving it before sunrise) for twenty-eight consecutive days.
Most stones are going to be fine in freshwater (or even tap water), however, some stones can dissolve in water (such as azurite, Angelite, phenakite, and selenite).
Some can dissolve or scratch in seawater or saltwater, including amber, turquoise, hematite, imperial topaz, red coral, opals, pyrite, lapis lazuli, moonstone, and calcites. Don't clean rough or raw stones in seawater or saltwater or those with a hardness level of less than seven.
Make sure any material that you use is soft and won't shed fibers. A soft-bristled toothbrush is a possibility also, particularly for water methods.
Crystal cleaning methods
The following strategies may be used for cleaning your crystals and gemstones:
- Smudging: Smudge crystals with incense or herbs (lavender, sweetgrass, and sage, for example)
- Sunlight: Energize crystals within the daylight.
- Moonlight: Energize crystals underneath the moonlight.
- Saltwater: Soak crystals within a bowl full of seawater or saltwater. If you visit an ocean or a sea or an ocean to cleanse them, secure them in a mesh bag, otherwise you may lose them.
- Brooks, lakes, rivers: Cleanse crystals in a natural water reservoir (lake, river, creek, pond, or perhaps beneath a waterfall).
- Brown rice: Purify crystals nightlong submerged in a bowl of raw brown rice. Then move them to the daylight in the morning for an hour. Compost the rice afterward.
- Earth: Bury crystals within the earth for ritual purification. Don't use this cleaning crystal method for crystals containing iron, like hematite, pyrite, and tiger iron.
- Cold tap water: Scrub crystals underneath a running tap of cold water.
- Reiki: Infuse crystals with reconciliation reiki energies and symbols.
- White light: Visualize a beam of white light to cleanse your crystals.
- Purple plates: Cleanse and re-energize with the positive energy of purple plates.
- Selenite: Use a selenite wand to wave over your different stones (selenite has cleansing properties).
- Intentional breath: Blow onto the stone with clearing intention.
- Rainfall and thunderstorms: Set your stones outdoors throughout a downfall for a natural washing. Energize them more by permitting them to sit out throughout an electrical storm.
- Dewdrops: Collect dew drops from grass or leaves to cleanse your stones.
How to program your crystal
Although crystals are said to possess innate healing properties, taking the time to set an intention for your stone will assist you to connect with its energy and restore your sense of purpose.
You may feel comfortable holding the stone in your hand as you meditate, or putting it on your third eye. You'll be able to also lay back and permit the stone to rest on the corresponding chakra or area of the body that you want to work with.
Envision the stone’s energy merging along with your own. Speak to the stone — wordlessly or verbally — and ask for help in operating through your current endeavor.
Thank the stone for its presence then spend a couple of minutes in meditation.
How to activate your crystal
If your stone feels heavier than expected — like it’s lost its shine — it should benefit from a touch of energetic activation.
Try loaning it part of your energy by talking to it, singing to it, or sending it some vital vitality energy through your breath. a little interaction will go a long way!
If you've got plans outside, think about taking the stone out with you. Many folks notice that permitting the stone to take in natural energy at the park or beach has a powerful impact.
You can also produce an activation grid by encompassing the stone with its more energetic counterparts. Popular choices include ruby, clear quartz, apophyllite, kyanite, selenite, and carnelian.
You can use whatever stones you’re drawn toward. simply make certain they surround the main crystal in order that it can fully take pleasure in their vibrations.
How often do I need to cleanse my stones?
The more often you utilize a stone, the additional energy it collects. A good rule of thumb is to clear all of your stones a minimum of once a month.
If an individual stone is feeling heavier than usual, act and cleanse it. You don’t need to wait for a chosen quantity of your time between clearings.
What is the most effective method for clearing stones?
Find a technique that resonates with you and your practices. What works best for you'll not work as well for somebody else, therefore pay attention to what feels right.
How do I do know once a stone is cleansed?
The stone ought to feel energetically and physically lighter to the touch.
What should I do with my stones when they’ve been cleansed?
Find mindful places to keep your stones. If you can, keep them close to windows or plants so that they will absorb this natural healing energy. Otherwise, place the stones around your home, office, or alternative area in a way that aligns along with your intentions.
When we take care of our crystals, we’re caring for ourselves. We’re permitting energy that’s inharmonious with our lives and intentions to leave in a peaceful and healing manner.
Taking these little measures permits us to be more conscious in our interactions with the stones, with ourselves, and with others.